Reece seems to have an aptitude for pickin up the sickies better than any child I know. Since late January he's had pink eye three times and three separate ear infections (two of which were double ear infections, the last one was just the right ear, so if you count it that way he's had FIVE) the poor lil man, I knew something was wrong but he's not the baby who pulls on his ears when he's got an ear infection, which I'm used to because the other two will do that (well I should say would, when they were babies, but Ben and Andraya both have only ever had ONE ear infection) But it sure explains why he's been so contankerous and not sleeping well. The last two days I noticed his eye just didn't look right, but there was nothing I could take to the doctors (and at the moment we have no health insurance so we pay outta pocket...and well I just can't afford to take him in on a "whim" it sounds aweful doesn't it?) anyway yesterday morning I noticed his eye was glossy looking and this morning his left eye was seriously gooed shut with green junk and his right eye had a small amount of gunk in it as well. Needless to say he woke up in a very onery mood and was not too happy with me having to wipe his eye out with a warm cloth...not too happy indeed. So I called the doctor at 9 and went in at 11 (ugh as I write this my right eye is watery but like thick watery...makes me nervous) and the NP takes one look at him and she's like "yeah pink eye no doubt" and continues to check his ears and said they were very infected :0( Poor lil man.
So all day his lil eyes have been producing that lovely green goo and both the kids have been very grossed out by it LOL pointing it out each time it appears screaming "REECE HAS GOT THE PINK EYE AGAIN MOM" And of course I'm a monster because I have to hold him down to clean out his eyes and give him medicine, sigh...it's tough bein a mom :0) Right? I mean we have to be the bad guy for their good, not that THEY see it that way ;0)
Oh and did I mention when the nurse opens the office door and calls Reece's name he takes one look at her and dives under the kid table LOL and when I pulled him out he thrust his arms behind his back and started shrieking NO NO NO NO and shaking his head, he of course is remembering 3 1/2 short weeks ago when he had to get three shots...the first memorable shot visit so he now associates it with that :0( sad but pretty cute at the same time LOL
I think I wanted to blog more but I can't remember anything blog worthy at the moment, I'm so exhausted! I'm 32 weeks though now, woohoo!
Oh and to all the mommy's who read this, hope you have a wonderful Sunday!