Tuesday, August 31

Nearly 6 months

Whew, can you believe it's been nearly 6 months since my last blog? My last entry was 5 days prior to my first day on the job (pharmacy technician at CVS Pharmacy). So much has happened in the last 6 months I don't even know where to begin, so I suppose I won't waste (seriously just wrote waist...wow) my time trying to catch up and just start off with the here and now :0)

School starts in 9 days! SCHOOL. STARTS. IN. NINE. DAYS. What?! Summer has zoomed by me! We've had a busy summer for sure, but made so many wonderful memories together as a family. Loads of cook outs, splashing in the pool, beach trips, carnivals, amusement parks, and a menagerie of other fun things. I look at my babies every day and want to freeze these moments into my memory forever, I don't every want to forget their laughs, smiles, joy... It's so fleeting, these moments of their childhood. With each day they grow more and more independent and someday (soon for me, far off for them, for that's how time passes doesn't it? When you're a child it drags on and you are so eager for it to speed up, yet when you're an adult it flies by and you're begging for it to slow down) they'll be off doing these things with their friends and I'll be left behind, smiling, waving, watching them go with a secret ache in my heart.

Andraya is a second grader. She is so excited and ready to head back to school and learn. She is an excellent reader! She reads to ME each night, we've read many chapter books over the summer. She loves, loves, LOVES math! She has her old math book from last year on her desk and she does it again and again, she's always adding and subtracting things in her head, or while we're out. She is so eager to learn and it makes me so happy! (I hope it sticks!)

Benjamin, my sweet shy baby boy is a first grader now! He's not so happy about school starting, he's nervous to meet his new teacher and classmates, he's afraid he'll be embarrassed, of what? I don't know. We go meet his teacher tomorrow afternoon and drop off his school supplies. He has this debilitating self doubt, he's sure he can't do something so he won't even try because he's afraid of failing at it. It's made reading a trial. Although once he starts he reads beautifully! We just have to keep working him past this issue.

Reece is doing well with speech therapy. Still no huge break through words/sentences but I can see/hear progress. He can say a word with more than 1 syllable in it, and you can make out what he is saying here and there. He's much more willing and eager to talk to people, even if it's not clear, he's trying, which is amazing. He is so SO sweet! He just opens right up to people! Not to mention he's a big cuddler (but he always has been!) and he makes new friends right away.

George is growing, I monitor his weight at home, his next appointment is in September. He is 21 lbs now (was 18lbs 3 months ago) so it's progress. With an improved, modified, less dairy intake diet he is less cranky, and his stool has become much more "normal". We're still just trying to wade through it all until he's "old enough" to test for allergies. He is talking a lot more, he says "uh oh" "hi" "mama" "dada" "bye bye" "more" and "up". He also uses his signs and when he's thirsty he says "ahhhhhhh" like what you'd say after taking a drink that's refreshing lol. He will also rub my cheeck and say "awwww mama" so freakin SWEET!

John is doing great, he was diagnosed with gout, he had afew attacks of that and it was awful. He's now on some medication that will hopefully keep it at bay. It's very painful when it happens and he's pretty much laid up until it goes away the poor guy. He's workin hard, some great new opportunities have come his way and he's really excited and happy about them. I'm so proud of him! On top of all this it's been a lot of change for him. He's now Mr. Mom. He changes diapers, takes out the trash, does laundry, cleans house :0) it's a nice role reversal haha ;0) ;0) but in all honesty I really appreciate him, he's amazing <3

As for me, I'm just treadin water :0) trying to keep us all afloat here! Working 40 hours a week at the pharmacy, takin care of the house. We're switching the kids rooms around and stuff, just trying to get everything ready for school, because once it starts our lives are gonna get a whole lot busier (lord help us).

Did a whole bunch of yard work Saturday, weeded out the entire front and side gardens, cut the lawn, sealed the drive way and more to do this weekend. I love being busy, I feel fulfilled and accomplished. I can relax a lot more at night when I know I've worked hard and gotten so much done during the day.

Have a great September everyone!