Do you think that's true? I can get what it's trying to say but do you think it's really true? I can think of parents who have been hated but have never exhibited parental behavior (mine comes to mind) and I can think of parents with amazing children who they have been wonderful parents too that have never uttered the words "I hate you" because they've never had to come down on them for bad behavior... but the gist of us, the majority of parents out there...do you think this quote holds some truth to it?
There is no job harder and more universal than parenthood. Take a parent from any culture and you can find a way to relate to them, any age, race, beliefe and there you will find some common ground. It's not that we'll be hated forever or that we're really in deservence of being hated but sometimes, for our childs best interest, we must be the proverbial "bad guy" and the imature heat of the moment we are hated, we are blasted to the depths of all that is evil but at the end of the day we're loved, admired, respected and needed. It's not easy, and it never will be, but I wouldn't trade a second of it for all the money in the world.
We once were on the other end of this spectrum and now we have the power to parent a better tomororw, a future being proud of, a future for our childrens children. Step lightly.