He tells me that Ben got off the bus and came in the house shaking with tears. His neck was visibly marked up/bruised. It took a few minutes to even get out of him what happened. But apparently Ben was moved to the back of the bus next to a 4th grader for misbehaving up front. By misbehaving I mean getting a bit over excited and loud, nothing more then being a 6 year old boy.
After sitting down next to his new seat mate, Max, Ben was pretty much attacked. Max informed him that he had bad breath and proceeded to slam his head against the window, mash his back pack into his face, grab the front of his coat and shake him and then when Ben turned bawling into the window this little jerk grabs the back of his jacket and strangles him! You could SEE the pattern of the zipper bruised into his neck! Ben tried to call for his sissy but he couldn't and she was too far up the bus to see/hear anything.
John was so livid he called the school immediately screaming like a mad man and they pushed him through to the vice principle Vicki Cooke. John explained everything to her and she promised to get right on it. Meanwhile John calls me to explain to me everything happened and texted me pictures which I told him to email to Vicki and the Principle as well as a detailed account of Ben's version of things.
It was so hard not to break into tears at work! I got out a few hours later and gave Ben extra loves and snuggles and listened to him talk about it. The VP emailed john back in the evening (after 8pm which was amazing) and promised to get the kids who were involved (those who may have seen anything) and interview them Monday morning. There was nothing more we could really do.
Ben's neck is still extremely sore and is yellow/red/purple. He was scared to get on the bus this morning. I called the police and the vice principle this morning to explore all the options we had. I don't think the VP was too pleased to involve the police, but frankly, I don't give a damn! I'm mad! And I want this boy to KNOW he can't get away with treating kids like this! No way! Vicki informed me that Max (of course) denies everything. And a girl who saw it, who she called *key, is out sick today. She's trying to contact her at home (she's a 3rd grader) and if she can't this will have to wait until tomorrow to resolve.
I won't have my children being afraid of school, let alone the bus! This kid WILL be sorry!