Tuesday, January 10

Happy (belated) New Year!

2012, the year of the Black Water Dragon.  I love the new year, it always feels so fresh and promising.  I'm ready for a clean slate and a new beginning.  2011, while very exciting and filled with happy memories, ended poorly and I'm just ready to get as far away from that as possible.

The dragon is a symbol of power from heaven.  Sounds good to me :0)

For our family it will the year of home repairs!  We're slowing buying and installing new toilets, vanities/sinks in the bathrooms, FINALLY finishing the boys room and giving our yards a face lift.  We also want to paint the upstairs bathroom and Andraya's room as well.  So we have set a lot of realistic and exciting goals.  I'll post before and after blogs through out the year too, so keep your eyes pealed!

On the job front there are exciting new changes for both John and I.  The museum is looking to hire him on 5 days a week, and will probably want to change is contract and extend it before the end of 2012.  His work and dedication is appreciated and admired by his colleagues, it's wonderful to watch him flourish in this new setting.  I'm so very proud of him.

Jason left for another pharmacy and we were sad to see him go, but I'm also excited about this new chapter in our store.  We have a great new pharmacist, Kristen and Rebecca became our PIC (pharmacist in charge).  I think we have a great team and together we'll have a great year!

The kids are doing well, growing so fast sometimes you have to stop and take it all in.  Andraya will be 9 in just a few short months.  My sweet baby girl.  She is so beautiful and smart and FUNNY.  She loves to sing, dance, color, write and play with her Monster High dolls. She is incredibly helpful around the house and prides herself in being so.  She is also the only one who earns an allowance, $10 a week isnt' too shabby.

Ben is getting so big.  He just turned 7 in October.  He is in love with a girl named Alley.  It is hysterical to listen to him talk about her and how much he doesn't like her, hahaha, right.  He is so smart and quick in math, a bit more sheepish when it comes to spelling and reading.  I don't think it's because he can't, but rather he lacks confidence in himself so he doesn't really try for fear of failing.  If we let him he would live on the chair playing video games!  He spends most of his time following Andraya around trying to play with her.

Reece.  My sweet baby boy.  I can't believe he's 5.  His speech is coming along quite nicely too, he's an amazing lil boy.  He just recently lost his first tooth too!  He is gearing up for school to start in September!  He loves to play with play-doh and dance.  That boy can DANCE.  Any music, and it's like almost involuntarily, his feet start moving and he just starts to dance!

George, aka, Dr. Terror.  My 2 year old monster is quite the talker as of late.  And he just loooooves his sissy.  He has no fear and won't take no for an answer.  He won't back down from anything, it's quite frustrating actually, haha.  But he is also so cuddly and sweet and I just can't believe he's getting so big.  He's creeping in on 3 and I just can't wrap my head around it.  Our babies grow so quickly.

So, we're all well :0)  We hope you are too, have a blessed year!