Last Saturday Andraya complains that she's really not feeling well, her eyes take on that glossy appearance and her cheeks are flushed. Sunday morning she has a dry cough and a sore throat to boot. Monday her head hurts, low grade fever and a severe sore throat and a wet cough. By the time Tuesday comes around and I can call to make a dr. apt. her ear hurts too...she's a wreck. So we keep her home Tuesday and Wednesday with a really bad cough and an ear ache. Thursday she's still not feeling well and her cough sounds the same so I decide to keep her home one more day, good thing I did because her doc calls Andraya's throat culture came back positive for strep (second time in a month) greeeeat. Now Ben is starting to complain about a sore throat as is John, and Ben also has the wet cough, lucky lucky us. Early early early Friday morning Ben wakes John because his eye hurts, so he crawls into bed with us, by 8 in the morning Ben sits up and his eye is completely crusted shut, you can't even see where his lids meet nor his eye lashes there is so much crust there. It took 10 minutes with a warm cloth to finally get his lil eye open and even then it was just cracked it was swollen and so puffy. Fast forward to the afternoon dr. apt for Ben and we discover (to no ones surprise) that Ben has Andraya's cold and pink eye (yay, cause we all
love how pink eye is that bastard bacteria that can live on surfaces,
just what we need) so they do a throat culture on him too and we won't get that back for 48 hours which is a bitch because I know he is gonna have strep but they won't give us amoxicilian until they "know" for sure which means Ben will have to wait until Monday and by then is poor throat will be so sore

And for those who know how horrible it is to try and get medicine in a 4 year olds eye (or even younger, but strong enough to fight back) it sucks, you feel like a bad guy but at the same time you have to do it and the whole time he's screaming for help and you're killing him and he hates you and please no don't, it's hurtful to a mothers heart, but we still do it. And now finally as it always goes my throat is starting to hurt and I have been coughing all day, I swear to all that is holy I ALWAYS get sick JUST in time for school (which starts Monday cheers)
So Amberly you jinxed me

with your ear ache and pink eye remark the other day, remember!? We're even now!
On a much happier note, I heard the baby's heart beat today and even though I am 17 weeks 2 days I measure 18 weeks and my ultra sound is on the 11th of February and no we won't be finding out what we're having. I'm so excited!