Ahhh yes today was THAT day at the doctors office. Ben was scheduled for his kindergarten physical and had to get three shots and some blood drawn...it wasn't pretty. I didn't tell him he was getting shots ahead of time for the simple fact I know Ben and he would not have been able to stop freaking out and asking about when he was getting the shots during the visit and just exactly how much he knew it was going to hurt. SO, the appointment itself went well, he did excellent and passed his hearing and vision etc... I think the funnest part for him was being able to pee in a cup. Yeah he was pretty psyched about that part, haha. So the Dr. finishes up and leaves and Ben starts getting dressed (oh did I mention his second favorite part of the visit? Hanging out in his underwear. He didn't want to sport the gown lol) So anyway I'm mentally waiting for the nurse to come back in with her handy tray of needles and I calmly say to Ben, "Ya know what Ben, you are SO brave." He gives me this look of doom, then looks at the door and starts backing away into the corner of the room "No I'm not...." (LOL come on it's sad AND funny) "You have to get three shots today Ben" by the time I reached "sho" he was shaking his head saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOTS HURT PLEASE NOOOOOOO" and I again tell him how brave he is to which he responds (this was so sad) "no I'm not I'm SCARED" and I held him and rocked him as he pulled his arms into his shirt and clenched the bottom of his shirt to his body "well Ben sometimes we're brave even when we're scared." and then the nurse comes in and Ben's shaking, like seriously his lil body is trembling in my arms and I have to pry his arms out as the nurse suggests getting another nurse in here to help hold him down on the table, I firmly refuse the offer stating that it would be much more scarier for him that way and I eventually get his arms out and held onto pretty good, so she got two shots in his left arm and one in the right as he screamed for daddy,"I want Daddy, please get my daddy right now! He'll stop this, GET MY DADDY, WHERE'S MY DADDY?!" I was fighting tears like no other! So we finish up and he spits out again how much he hates shots and I explain how even though they hurt they help keep us healthy and strong and he turns to me with such betrayl in his face and says "well I don't WANT to be healthy and strong, I want the chicken pox!" LOL! So we leave the office and head for the lab (yikes) and as we're waiting in the waiting room with the HUGE fish tank and a basket of crayons on the table (k, who's genious idea was that?!" Reece grabs a yellow crayon and chucks it in the tank :0| GREAAAT. So there is one dead fish floating in the water and no one around to get the crayon out, well really no big deal right? It's a big yellow crayon on the bottom of the tank, what harm can it do? As they call Ben's name (again Ben looks around like WHY is my name being called!?) This big dopey gold fish comes over and starts to suck on and eat the freakin crayon! John throws off his coat at my insistance and sticks his arm in to retrieve the crayon, whew, saved a fishy. So I walk Ben into the lab, the lab he remembers from just two weeks ago when Reece had to have his blood drawn and starts to panic "why are we going in here!? WHY ARE WE IN HERE MOMMY, THIS IS WHERE THE VAMPIRES ARE!" lmao, to clarify Ben considers the lab techs vampires since they take peoples blood. So I explain to the tech that he has just come from having three shots and she is SO nice to him and talks him into a calm place and gets him to sit still with out much restraint and have his blood drawn. When he was done he asked her if she wanted to come to the park with him LOL she hugged him and he hugged her it was sweet! After we were done there we went to the park and played for a bit, as his "prize" for being such a good boy and surviving his "ordeal".
What a day, I hate those kinds of days, I hate having to be the bad guy while my babies get hurt :0( Ben was seriously not happy with me and reminded me all day (his apt. was at 9) of how mean I was to him :0|