I know I've mentioned before that no matter where we are, or how many times my children have gone to the bathroom recently they always have to go again once inside a new place. By new place I just mean the building we are in in that moment, it doesn't matter if we've been to that Target a million times they just have to go potty. And when we're out to eat, it's not in the beginning or end of a visit it's smack dab when dinner arrives that they have this sudden life or death urge to go and they'll just explode if they don't go RIGHT NOW. I have learned my lesson with this, I once made Andraya wait at the grocery store because she had JUST gone at the last place we were at, 10 minutes into the store Andraya wet her pants :0| never again will I second guess, I'd rather go to the bathroom for nothing than be stuck having to rush home with a kid who wet themselves. I think what annoys me MOST is that John can never take them because he can't take Andraya and she will and does dissapear into the girls room for obscene amounts of time when he takes her, because he can't rush her along and stop her from chatting with strangers or playing in the sink etc... And of course if Ben goes potty Andraya has to go and vice versa so it's ALWAYS me who takes them potty.
So Ben has this new obsession with other people in the potty and being afraid that they'll walk into his stall. For this reason I have to stand outside his stall like a body guard for Britney Spears and make sure no one tries to enter ;0) And to top it off when he hears the door he asks (in a very loud voice that echos in the bathroom of course) "MOM WHO JUST CAME IN HERE!?" and I'm like "ben shhhhhh' and then he's like "BUT MOM SOMEONE JUST CAME IN, WHAT ARE THEY DOING?"
To which I whisper
"well Ben it's the bathroom what do you think they're coming in for, they have to use the potty, now shhhhh"
"MAKE SURE THEY DON'T COME IN HERE"
"okay ben, I will" then I turn to the person and smile and apologize silently
"HEY MOM MY POOP WASN'T BIG IT CAME OUT JUST FINE"
OR
he'll hear another toilet flush and say "DID THEY PEE OR POOP MOM?!"
oh god kill me now
"ben for the last time just go potty, wipe and get out"