Wednesday, June 10

37 weeks and counting

So today I am officially full term, 37 weeks. Wow time goes by fast when you're havin fun ;0) ;0) Well sorta anyway! It went by quickly the first, oh 30 weeks, and then suddenly time stopped...I hate that feeling! My last appt went well, I actually got to see my doctor and got some straight forward answers, about dang time! He said I was 1 1/2 cm dialated (I had been 2...) and that I felt more dialted then previous visits....so did he mean 2 1/2? I didn't think about that at the time haha! I'm 60% effaced and the baby is definetly head down (while I assumed he was I had never been told for certain). He then asked me about what I usually do for pain, if anything, and I told him that I'd had an epidural with all three babies before and that I'd probably want that this time...but I AM gonna TRY to go natural.... He asked, since I have a preferece for the epidural, how I felt about being induced as we approached my due date. I flatly refused, I explained that I had been induced after my water broke with Ben and it was the most painful birth I've ever had (and with Reece my epidural had failed mind you) so yes I'd rather go too fast and not be able to have an epidural than be induced with the option of one, ya know? He didn't look convinced, he asked "well what if you go late, how late do you want me to let you go? We can't let you go more than 12 days" well honestly I firmly believe that won't be a problem (probably jinxed myself in saying that haha) but if induction ends up being the only way to have my baby then yeah I wouldn't fight it, but just so I can have an epidural or be done already, no that's just not me. So that was that. My next appt. is Monday I believe at 9:15 :0) I'll let you all know if there is anything new via twitter or facebook of course :0)

As for my last blog it was brought to my attention that by saying my "family" didn't notice or do anything it hurt some feelings and I'm sorry. Using the umbrella family does ecompass everyone and really I'm referring to a select few who were very close to our every day lives. Also my mother is not why I moved to NY with John, I moved because this is what I wanted, I loved John and wanted to be near him. Did my mother make that decision easier, oh yes haha!