After having four babies, it's kinda old hat :0) I had George Saturday morning (12:18am) and was offered to stay in the hospital until Monday afternoon but by Saturday night I was bored out of my mind and lonely and just wanted to go home! So We left Sunday afternoon :0) I felt fine, I wasn't tired, I wasn't sore, I just craved my home, my babies, my John. Andraya and Ben were beside themselves when we came home, they were so excited to see George and "pet" him as they continued to ask if they could to LOL. Reece however was SUPER excited to see me and only me haha. It had been a rough 24-36 hours for him, it was the first and so far only time he's been away from me for more than a few hours. He didn't eat much, every little thing set him off in dramatic tears, sobbing "ma ma ma ma ma maaaaaaa" and he's cover his face with his little hands and fall to the ground :0/ so I got a nice welcome home from him! It's taken awhile but he's coming around. At first he wouldn't even look at George and if I tried to talk to him about the baby he's pucker his lips, fold his arms and say 'NO' and turn around :0/ oooookaaaaaay this is gonna be hard. But the last few days he's been very curious, sneaking kisses to him, rubbing his head and saying "awwww" and is concerned when he cries. Progress :0)
I've made sure to make him still feel very much needed by me and wanted. For example the other day I was feeing George on the left side and Reece had gotten hurt...he started coming to me and saw George, he looked at George and to me and back to George like "is there room for me?" and I put my arm out to him and he very eagerly climbed up into my arm and snuggled there for a bit. He still falls asleep with me in bed, gets his love and attention etc... so I think we're all doing quite well.
The first week or so I did so much running around instead of relaxing because John was out of comission due to his scare, and I was so sore every night that I'd cry but what choice do I have? I have four kids to take care of, doctor appts to go to, grocery shopping, pharmacy runs etc... life doesn't stop because you have a baby, or because your love gets sick...it keeps going at normal speed :0) It has helped that the kids go to summer recreation at the park 5 days a week and Reece still takes naps during the day so I'm finding a good balance with these four :0) It's really no big deal, no difference, no more stressfull or overwhelming than three was ;0) I honestly think the hardest transition (for a parent) is going from 1 child to 2, after that it's really no biggy.
He eats really well (George), sleeps very well, is more and more alert every day, he's such a joy (what baby isn't?) I love when he roots, he just cracks me up how excited he gets about eating haha. I'm so very thankful for him, for all my babies and to John for giving me such amazing children and wanting to parent with me. Life has never been more beautiful.



