4:30 Friday (6/26) evening on the way home I started having regular contractions but I wasn't concerned because I'd been having contractions for weeks and weeks and weeks with no worries. So I ignored them of course. We get home and they're picking up pace and pain, okay so I'm a lil worried now but again not sure. I text Amberly and Arnika. They're about 9 minutes apart and a minute long. Arnika calls me right away but I don't answer because honestly I can't talk through them they're hurting that bad. John keeps asking me "what's up? Are you feeling okay?" and I just smile and nod and reassure him "yeah yeah I'm fine babe." So he goes to the basement to work and I sit in the chair in the living room. Arnika demands that I answer my phone "you can grunt your way through them" she says, she doesn't care. So what around 5:30 I pick up the phone and talk to Arn and she immeadiatly says "yeah you're in labor I can tell by your voice!" And she tries to convince me that I am, but I'm still not sure and I don't want to go in for nothing etc... She's like "fine Kat but only wait an hour, if you're still having them then PLEASE go in! You don't want to be in the wrong place when you have that baby!" Ie my HOUSE or the CAR for instance! So I tell John that I don't feel good and I'm gonna go lay down upstairs. Well laying down just hurts even WORSE. I decide to go take a hot shower (because if this really IS it I want to be clean and shave my legs LOL) So I do that and when I get out I feel a lot better. I kind of reprimand my self in my head for being such a boob about it all. I tell Arn and she's like "yeah Kat th hot water relaxed you, that's why they do water births." So sure enough the contractions start to pick up again, about 7 minutes apart and 75-80 seconds long. John is packing up the car and calling sitters for the kids as I venimetly deny that I am in labor and I refuse to go to the hospital. John and Arn are both getting a bit annoyed at my blatent denial and stubborness LOL. In fact I'm pretty sure John yelled at me LOL.
We got to the hospital a little after 7 and get in and hooked up to the monitors and they moniter my contractions. As we came in we see Dr. Chehata (my doc) and he smiles and waves and says "you've decided to come in I see" because he was trying to get me to come in on Friday morning to be induced (if you all remember) and I laughed and said "yeah it worked out that way". So he comes in and checks me and I'm 80% effaced and 3cm -3 station. He says walk around a bit and I'll check you again, if you're progresse we'll keep you if not we can induce you (no thank you) or send you home and you can come back when the contractions get stronger etc... So we loop the maternity floor (John and I) and Dr. comes back and checks me and I'm 85% effaced and 4 cm. still -3. Okay so now they start the iv and push SO MANY fluids in me, I don't remember getting that many with the other three! The contractions are REALLY picking up now and becoming harder to funtion through. They get the epidural doctor in to me and I get that all set up (I wanted to try natural but it was all happening so fast I was having a hard time relaxing etc... if my Arni had been there I think I could have done it!) So wow that felt nice! He checks me again and I kind of stay at -3, 5cm for a bit (I can't really remember, help me out Arn LOL! I texted her the ENTIRE time!) Dr. Chehata wanted to break my water but Arn said to wait until the baby drops more because you don't want a prolapsed cord, so another hour or maybe less and i'm -1 but still 5 cm and 100% effaced so he breaks my water and I'm laying on my back and the nurse says changing position can help move me along, so I finally agree to roll onto my right side because I was just so uncomfortable I didn't want to move, and as soon as I did I felt the change, I started moaning and shaking and gripping John's hand only then the nurse says "changing positions can be more painful too" uh ya think LOL! So I'm there and this pressure hits me, and it builds and gets stronger with each contraction (which I can't feel the contraction, just the immense pressure of each one in that area, the urge to push.) so I tell my nurse and she gets Dr. Chehata and he comes in to check me again. By this time I'm almost screaming (Jennifer ((my AMAZING nurse)) and John tell me I wasn't screaming, but to me it was me screaming lol) "I HAVE TO PUSH" so he's like she's 9cm and I'm thinking "oh no no don't make me wait I HAVE to push" My nurse had asked me how long it took me to push my other three out and when I told her (3 pushes, 1 push and no push) she lauhged and was like "so basically you're a REALLY good pusher" so she tells the doctor this and he still has his hand inside me checking me (I think maybe he was helping to stretch me to a 10 honestly) and looks at me and says "give me a good push on this next contraction and lets see what happens" George was still at a -1 mind you he hand't come down at all. So I just stare at him, he's in his nice clothes, the bed and room isn't delivery ready and I say "are you serious?" LOL! Because I know me, one push and he'll be here for real. So I push and I'm not kidding I felt his head slide right down and ready to crown, Dr. Chehata LITERALLY pushed back against his head like counter pressure and yells "WAIT! Don't push or we'll have a baby!" He jumps back and stumbles over the nurse, nearly falls, he's flailing around trying to get his gown on, he can't find his gloves and I'm thinking "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I mean with holding the urge to push is HARD especially when the baby is RIGHT there! So he's scrambling to get assembeled. The nurse put my legs in stirrups while they got all ready and my whole body was shaking SO bad and uncontrolably it was a bit freaky really. So he cleans me off and starts helping the head out the entire time asking me not to push because I don't want to tear (nope) so the head works it's way out and he cleans him off and then his shoulders etc...I look down and I can't see what's going on but this lil tiny hand flys up just as if he's waving hi LOL it was so amazing. They laid him on my tummy and cleaned him up and I just held him and loved him and kissed him (yes I'm THAT mommy) and cried and was in shock of how tiny he was!!!! He was born at 12:18 am on Saturday June 27th.
I'd say with in 30-45 min of his birth he was rooting like mad in John's arms and he said "you wanna try to feed him he looks hungry" and sure enough he latched right on and went to town. It was so surreal and amazing.
So thank goodness I listened to Arn and John and got my butt to the hospital huh :0) George Raymond Villard coulda been born at home! (George after John's dad and Raymond after John's brother)