
Ahhh yes it's true, I have to say asta-la-vista-baby to my dairy foods. Why? Well because my newest lil bambino has an allergy or an aversion to lactose for the time being. You don't know how often you consume dairy (or maybe any food?) until you're told to cut it out of your diet completely. Ummm it pretty much blows. No milk means no cereal (I'm not one to eat it dry), no yogurt, no cheese, no ice cream (BOO to THAT, it's SUMMER for crying out loud, gah!). But I'd rather cut out dairy than put my lil Georgie Ray through any discomfort...and save myself the trouble of comforting a gasy, fussy, misreable baby at all hours of the night. It was aweful for him, constipated, farting all the time...I came to the conclusion myself and cut the dairy out and with in a few days I noticed an imporvment and after his 2 week dr. visit she agreed that that's probably what it is. It can take awhile for it to clear both my and his body but so far so good. He's sleeping better, eating better, occasionally gassy but nothing even close to what was. I can try to "challange" him with dairy again in two months :0( pray they pass quickly and that when I do his body's coo wid it ;0)
At his appt. He'd grown half an inch and gained nearly 2 lbs since birth! When we left the hospital George was 6 lbs 15oz and at his 2 week visit he was 8lbs 12oz, a growin boy! I love him so much and so do the kids. Ben thinks he has the cutest cry haha! He's such a good good baby too, so cuddly and sweet and so alert and just looks around. I just wanna snuggle him all day, wish I could :0)
John is doing really well, would never know he'd even had that episode 3 weeks ago (on Monday). I love him so much, boy it makes my heart ache, in a very good way ;0) ;0) I keep his medicine (should it ever happen again, knock on wood) in my purse and make sure to have my purse on me at ALL times, and he keeps some in his bag as well. I still have nightmares about what happened. It's horrible I wake up believing they're real and it takes me a few minutes to realize it's not...then I just snuggle closer to John and kiss him and hug him and fall back asleep. I hope they go away soon :0/ I still can't bring myself to go back to Target, it's just too...much.
I'm back to watching Colby too, it was a fast two weeks and I was a little nervous about if I'd be able to handle it (having a 4 month old and a newborn for 8 hours a day) but so far so good. The first day I had him I'd had an aweful night (pre dairy discovery) and so I was just DEAD beat tired and it was a hard day, but not because of him, it would have been hard either way LOL. He and George are getting along well, I took the cutest video of them together, it was funny and sweet, I'll post it :0)
The older two kiddos go to summer recreation (or as I refer to it 'Rec') every day. Andraya goes from 9-4 and Ben goes (alternating days) from 9-12 or 12-4 since he's under 6 he's considered a 'tot' which royally pisses him off because as he says "I'M A BIG BOY!" Ahhh what can ya do? Friday they were supposed to go to seabreeze but the day was really rotten and I wasn't gonna spend $30 bucks to send them when we had season passes AND it was rotten weather, noooo way. We went to Strong National Museum of Play instead and the kiddos had a BLAST!
It being Friday and all I had Colby so he came with us and John was all "do you think you can handle that?" and I say (jinxing myself OF course!) "as long as they don't get hungry at the same time, sure" Well wouldn't you know it, they got hungry at the same time. So we went to the eatery place and sat down (I packed the kids lunches) and I am breastfeeding George on the left side while bottle feeding Colby in the stroller with my right hand LOL it was quite the site, but hey I DID it no problems! When George finished I had to stop to burp him and switch sides and then continued to feed them both. George fell asleep so I put him back in the stroller and picked Colby up to give him a lil cuddle time while he ate so he didn't feel stuck in that thing all day with no contact or love LOL. He finishes his bab and I take him to the bathroom to change him (I changed George prior to lunch) and as I peel the diady back I see this tiny smidge of pooty and I think to myself (again with the jinxing) 'wow that's it huh?' and as I lift his butt up to whipe I see it...the whole back of the diaper, his pants and up his onesie...yeah it was BAD...
The kids, Andraya, Ben and Reece had such a wild time! Reece was beside himself with joy at the freedom he had there, he did not walk on stitch of the way, ran the entire time! By the time we left (after stopping to feed both boys AGAIN at the same time haha) everyone was showing definite signs of exhaustion. Ben was throwing a tizzy over a dinosaur, Andraya was just whiny as usual LOL, both babies were screaming int he stroller and Reece was grabbing and running and dodging and dragging his feet everywhere. We got to the van, Reece was asleep before I got his buckle done, got the older two in, babies in their seats and then I sat between them and once again for the third time that day fed them at the same time (yeah...don't ask, but they both remained safe and buckled) Ben was out by the time we hit the thru-way and the boys shortly after their mid afternoon meals LOL! Both John and I were BUSHED!
We came home and then went BACK out to dinner with Shaun and Jessy and then home to BED. Today I had Colby again for a few hours in the morning and another few in the afternoon and tomorrow Shaun and Jessy will be watching Reece while we go see Harry Potter, yay! The kids are oh so excited!