Saturday, March 7

I'm so impatient!

Today is Colby’s due date (John’s first grandbaby) and I don’t wanna wait any longer, I wanna see this cute amazing lil boy who has already captured our hearts, thoughts, and time. We’re consumed with love for this lil boy we haven’t even met yet. Poor Jessy is so huge now! And she’s so uncomfortable and ready, for those of you who have been there you can relate, time slows to an unbearable speed and you wait…and wait…and wait. I have my phone on my at all times, prepared to head to the hospital at the signal, the signal that seems to never come, haha! I say this as if she’s two weeks late, but at about 36 weeks her doctor had told her she could go at any time, and then that changed last week to “hopefully by Thursday” and well folks Thursday came and went…sigh. I’m so happy for Jessy, she wanted this baby so bad and now he’s due, it’s so very close and I can’t wait for her to experience motherhood. To hold that beautiful baby in her arms and be in awe of what her body did.
John and I have done a lot for them (Shaun and Jessy) to help out with the expense of a new baby as have her sisters and numerous other family members, we’re all just so happy and excited! I threw her a baby shower for Shaun’s side of the family and a few of her friends (who couldn’t make it) and we bought them some “big ticket” items I guess you could say such as a crib set they really wanted, a bassinet, a car seat for both infant and one for when he gets older and we’ll get them some diapers and wipies here and there when they need them. But I’ve only acted out of the friendship with her, she’s one of my very good friends. If I knew her and didn’t know John I’d have still done the same things, I have done less than her sisters have even, yet Michelle (Shuan’s mom) told John’s sister in law that I’ve taken the grandma role from her LOL! I busted up at that, because a. we all no how pissed and depressed she was at the news of the pregnancy, she cried for hours on her bed at the thought of being a grandma and flat out said she’d be “chelle” not “grandma”. And when confronted with opinions or ideas for the baby or baby shower she showed no interest at all. I ran the guest list by her and she said it sounded fine, yet I’m the bad guy for not sending an invite to John’s sister in law in MARYLAND so she could send a gift!? Michelle and her are best of friends and she had chances to mention it to her herself but never did, it’s a joke. Especially because Paulette (the sister in law from hell) sent invites to both her grandchildren’s baby showers and births right? Nope. We were grown ups and took it upon ourselves to buy gifts and send them to Amberly and Chris when the boys were born (did Michelle, no), no bitterness just happiness to do it LOL but that’s the difference between us and them I suppose.
Despite the uglies trying to suck the joy from a very happy occasion it’s been such a beautiful wait. It’s been so fun to watch Jessy grow and how exciting it’s been to help out when needed with baby things. We’ve done much more together as well, dinners and get togethers and stuff, lil Colby has brought everyone much closer. John is so excited to meet his first grandson and it’s so sweet to see how concerned he is about Jessy and her well being.
March is going to be an exciting month, I just know it!